Did some rim polishing this weekend

AngleT

Always more tuning to do
Polished the centers and the back half of 2 rims. Only 2 more to go. What do you think?

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

Back when they were new.
IM000789.jpg

Other rim option...(this is a 13" rim from Apple Motors website)
kzrgmag.jpg

Frankly Tom...

I could do better...

If you ship them to me, I'll gladly take the proper amount of time to clean those up for ya. No need to dismount the tires either...

HA!

On a more serious note... I'm at somewhat of an impass artistically as there may be a bit too much BLING... if ever "too much bling" can be done.

The wheel itself always evoked a "racing" theme to me where function would overrule beauty and with all the polish, they seem to contradict that theory now.

Also... contrast... to set off the color and the shine, is all gone.

Not being critical, just sharing thoughts.

Great WORK, none the less... and a LOT of work!

Ya might try mounting two FULLY POLISHED wheels on one side and two with Paint and Polish on the other and stare and compare...

Try different center colors also... Met. Dark Blue, Black, Grey(s) and Pewter... (That oughtta take up another full weekend... huh?)

HA!

Kinda in the middle

on whether I like them or not. The original look was a machined look with a coating of some kind on it. They were starting to look tired and dirty. I thought about blasting them and leaving them with a rough look but wanted to see what they looked like polished first. I've never really been thrilled by the "style" of these rims either, but the weight reduction is amazing. My 13" CD91's with 175/50-13 are heavier than my 15" Keizer with 225/50-15!

Last edited:
Yep...

Kinda crazy, huh... I've always been attracted to BLING but then I try an "conrol myself"!

HA!

Oh, the troubled life we weave... Knida nice to have these problems, huh!

Back