distributor block off plug

m4ff3w

matthew
My distributor is soon to go the way of the Dodo bird, I'd rather it be gone completely instead of just being a vestigial organ.

Anyone know where I can source a distributor block off plug?

Should be widely available...

Since some Lancia's had cam-end distributors, and a block-off in the normal spot. Check with C.Obert&Co., Midwest X1/9, Vick's, etc.
:italia:

Thanks. I saw that before but wasn't sure if it would work on the X.

I'll place an order after payday, yay!

Are you adding an Electromotive system?

I am doing the same thing on mine. How far along are you? Maybe we can compare notes.
Brett

Twin Cam and Single Cam are NOT identical....

The distributor plugs used on twin cam engines are the most common, but they will not fit into an SOHC block without modification. It is longer than those applied for SOHC and will need to be cut down. Not that big of a deal, but be warned. You'll want to cut it so that it has between .020 and .1" clearance. You don't want it so tight that it binds, and you don't want it so loose that the aux-shaft drive gear walks upwards during operation.

The proper sized SOHC ones are very hard to find, as they were only included on Stradas and eurospec cars with cambox distributor.

DJCOMMIE: Do not run your engine with the freeze plug solution to blocking this area off. As stated above, the auxiliary-shaft oil-pump gear will walk itself right out of alignment without something like a distributor or block-off plug holding it in place. When this happens, it will become disengaged and you will lose all oil pressure.

-Matt
www.midwest-x19.com

Back