Dixie Fiatfest Sept 4-5

Denise Burchette

True Classic
The second annual Dixie Fiatfest will be held in the Winston-Salem, NC area September 4th and 5th. The date was moved to make room for FFO 2010 that was held in NC as well. It was also moved forward to take advantage of cooler weather. Of course, everyone is welcome to come on Friday and join us at Riverside Raceway Park for dirt track gokart racing action.
I'll make sure there's something in sign up if there is any interest in Friday night.

Saturday, September 4th we will have the Fiat Mini Migilia, a time/distance rally through the Blue Ridge and surrounding mountains. We will end at the Hanging Rock State park for a lunch cookout. This park is full of beautiful hiking trails, as well as a small lake to lounge around.
Saturday evening, dinner will be at The Hillbilly Hideaway ( http://www.thehillbillyhideaway.com ), one of my personal favorites for good ole' home country cooking. The music hall is included with the meal and offers three hours of gospel, bluegrass and country music played by the locals. It's a blast and guaranteed to be a good time.

Sunday, we will meet at the BB&T field parking lot at Wake Forest University for our annual autocross event. Make sure you've honed your skills to be competitive with the local BMW 2002 group. I really don't want to eat crow for yet another full year with these guys! We gotta beat em! Lunch will be served on the back of the pickup truck like last year. Make sure you don't eat pizza for at least a couple weeks before the event cuz we'll surely have plenty to go around.

Hope ya'll can make it. If there are any questions, please feel free to email me at spyderlady71*yahoo.com

Sign me up

You saw my driving skills last year. The BMW club will really laugh at my times.

See you Saturday Morning.

Count me in! I enjoyed last years Fiatfest more than any FFO I've been to.Instead of a show,we drive the cars.Thats what they were built to do.

It looks like we will have at least 4 X1/9s going from DCFiats.

A green 1975, a green 1986, a brown two tone 87 and a red 87.

WE are all arriving Saturday morning after spending Friday night a smith mountain lake on the way down.

How many other X1/9s are coming?

I also emailed one of the Atl. FLU guys,Jim Daniel,who is a X owner and posts here.I havent heard back from him.Sheesh...are the lowly Spiders still welcome? :hmm:

Craig, sorry I haven't replied

but it's been pretty hectic around here! I won't be able to make this meet. Looking forward to future meets; I think Italian Car Day in Duluth is in October. Please post some pics of the Dixiefest and have a blast!

Back