Does anyone have a waterpump inlet manifold for sale?

545days

True Classic
Does anyone have a waterpump inlet manifold for sale? I rather unwisely soaked mine in Evaporust and it basically evaporated. The corrosion was far deeper and the remaining steel far thinner than I had anticipated.

here is a picture of one on my engine, unfortunately I dont have a spare as 2 of the ones i have are completely rusted beyond use
IMG_6564.JPG

here is a picture of one on my engine, unfortunately I dont have a spare as 2 of the ones i have are completely rusted beyond use

Is that a Fiat water pump pulley? Doesn't appear deep dish like the Lancia pulley. If yes and you are going to all Fiat pulleys like evidence of shiny crank pulley suggest, you will still have to overcome that the waterpump shaft on the Fiat and Lancia waterpumps are different lengths to get the belt to line up.

One option is to get the high flow Fiat water pump which does not have this three tree manifold and refigure your coolant routing. I didn't like having all those meet in a crammed corner near a sharp ledge or the exhaust shelf.

not to steal this thread. But i did the measurements. I was able to press the flange deeper onto the lancia pump and make it line up with the fiat pulley.
IMG_5281.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

I also solved a few heater hose and coolant tank issues by tig welding some fittings to the pipe so I can use braided stainless hoses and fittings

IMG_8001.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, I did the braided hoses and ditched the entire 3 way inlet which are prone to corrosion and just use the high flow Fiat pump.
A385E960-DF90-4F3A-A561-539A5F18FB72.jpeg

Dave, nice neat conversion. What is the overflow bottle connected to?
The narrower hose is like the original except tapped into the internal thermostat housing and not the 'T'. The lower thicker hose returns to water pump like the original setup. And the pressure release hose out the back. With the radiator cap off and engine running you can watch the coolant enter the top and swirl before going back to the water pump.

So its pretty much the same as original, perhaps slightly improved becuz drawing the pressure directly from head instead of T junction and the aluminum tank conducts heat to aid in cooling and isn't the ugly plastic nipple connection leaker original.

I don’t have a heater. I did run for years with it bypassed from the cylinder head pipe fitting back to the water pump.
A05474BB-0F6D-46BB-8CDB-A933D1DE0F73.jpeg

Then Guy Croft told me it was ok to just block the cylinder head fitting so I did which avoids running a coolant hose near the exhaust headers.

Last edited:
Back