DoJ makes rare exception to explain deception

"Nobody at the Justice Department has lied," Eric Holder testified. The difference between misleading members of Congress and lying to them is the lying person's "state of mind".

Move along, nothing to see here...

AG Eric Holder told a House panel today that Operation Fast and Furious was "reckless," and will "probably" result in more drug-related deaths.

When he was asked if "more people are going to die" because of the program, Holder replied, "unfortunately, I think that's probably true", and that the program is "going to continue to have tragic consequences."

Honesty is always the best policy.

And now CBS reports what I've suspected from the beginning:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_1...furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

Apparently there is strong evidence they were intentionally creating a problem so they could justify "fixing" it with new gun regulations. This isn't surprising at all. After the "assault weapons" ban fiasco that figured prominently in the Democrats losing the House for the first time in 40 years the gun control movement went underground to some degree. The focus has been on judicial and regulatory gun control rather than legislative. This is how Obama manged to get an "F" from the Brady Campaign yet still is hated by gun rights advocates everywhere.

It's really kind of amazing how far this country has come on the issue of gun control. I never would have guessed 25 years ago thing would be the way they are today. The right to keep and bear arms has really been one of the great civil rights victories of our time.

Yep

That they would go to such lengths is a commentary in and of itself.

Sadly, there are still some folks out there who would insist that this is just a smear job and of no significance.

Back