Don't wanna break it!

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
:hmm:How do you unplug the electrical lead for the FI system''s temp sensor from the tstat housing?

I have read others who posted reporting how fragile these are so I thought best to ask before I go postal :guns: on it.

Remove the clip

There are tools for this but that doesn't help you-- if you had one it's a safe bet you wouldn't be asking.

Use a dental pick or sharp knife to remove the wire clip that holds the plug onto the sensor. Start at one end and work your way around.

You can actually pry the clip up enough on each side to bypass the tabs, but you have to do it every time you remove the plug. So if you think you're going to want to remove and replace the plug more than once you're better off removing the clip entirely and replacing it when you're through.

Be very careful though-- the clips have a tendency to fly off and hide in the nether regions of the engine bay. You've been warned. :)

If you do break the plug or lose the clip you can replace them with a standard Bosch-style fuel injector connector, which is fairly readily available.

HTH,

///Mike

Back