Door weatherstrip block corner

Yves

True Classic
Hello all,
I want to underline the work of Ricardo.
Ricardo have handcraft talent, he molded door weather-strip block corner for the X.

He sold me is spare set part (I’m lucky).:)

There is some pictures of the replacement of the door weather-strip and the handcraft block corner of Ricardo on my green X.
img13481.jpg

img13521.jpg

img13511f.jpg

img13491.jpg

img13591.jpg

img13581.jpg

img13571q.jpg

img13561.jpg

img13541.jpg

Left original hole, new hole for the new block corner of Ricardo.
img13621.jpg

img13681.jpg

img13691.jpg

img13711.jpg

img13731.jpg

Thanks Ricardo

Yves

Last edited:
Yep... Ricardo is the BEST...

... not only as a craftsman... but as a person also! We're all lucky to have him as our cyberfriend... and if yur lucky enough to be in SoCal, as a real friend.

He's really...

...something. Everything he does is first rate...Now if we can only get him to mass produce those Ricardo Saratoga Tops!

Well... I bet ya could for the right amount of $$$...

You could call him "Midwest-Bayless-WEST Design & Manufacturing" only his "style" is more like a of an old artisan rather than a production guru.

If you ever have the pleasure to touch, feel (or steal) one of his tops you'd find it was built like a piece of aeromotive art... Drilled, countersunk and flush mountings adorn every 1/4 inch of the piece... there hasta be a few hundred hours in each.

Figured even at MINIMUM wage and yur over a grand... Then... there should be some room for him to make a PROFIT also if this is going to be his way of making a living! HA!

Place your orders NOW while he's still relatively young...

Thanks Yves

I'm glad to know it! definitely those little parts make a big difference!
after many years and many upgrades you got the best from all this project.

thanks again, your car looks really awesome! truly one of the best...

Thanks Tony, Thanks Thomas

Thanks for (the young) make feel with a couple years less!!

The saratoga project more than money is time! since many months ago I wanted to make one to put on sell, many friends ask for one and I want to do it! just I need time to start, I have all material available and ready to start, just I need to finish some little projects to start with the new "ricardo's top"

as Tony said, this top is all handmade, sometimes one corner is little different than other and not require hundreds of hours, but yes over 50 hours...

Back