DOSTADNING.....or THE LUNGFISH AND THE PADRE. - MIKE MITTLESTEAD SOURCED 124BC

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic
Two years ago I posted a thread asking for any information on available 124BC Sport Coupes. Mike replied that there was a very nice one in Portland owned by a long time friend. His friend Paul was arranging the disposition of all his worldly belongings at that time. He was suffering terminal MS and could only communicate via computer aided eye tracking. His treasured 124BC was looking for a Fiat owner to insure it's survival. I fit the ticket. After settling on a figure Mike handled all the logistics for me. Packing, paperwork, loading on shipper, everything. I sent several gift packs from Harry and David to keep Mike going and to show my appreciation for everything he was doing. Paul chose "Dignity with Death" a week later. Much to my sadness and loss to the Fiat community Mike passed away within two weeks. He's missed.
For those of you not familiar with Swedish folklore the word "DOSTADNING" covers a wide subject with one short word. "Death Cleaning" sounds a little morbid but it's actually not. It refers to "getting ones affairs in order" when toward the end of your stay here. Writing on the back of old photographs the identity of who the hell is actually on the front is an example. Paul did that. It's nearing my turn now. NOT SOON, but I've had Covid last year and my already fragile lungs took a hit. Makes one think....
By the way the Lungfish and the Padre was written in the 1930's and was required college reading in the 60's. Sort of the meaning of life stuff.

At any rate after adding a bunch of "must have" stuff to the 124BC I've decided to sell it and travel a bit. It should appear today or the first here and on Ebay (my not so favorite place)

Back