Dragon's Run 2001, March 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Dragon's Run 2001, March 31<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]February 22 2001 at 6:14 AM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "f";n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "v";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "g";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Brett"); // --> </SCRIPT>Brett <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Time to make your plans for the Dragons Run 2001 on March 31. We will be driving the Dragon and Cherahala Skyway in proper Italian car fashion.

We will make several runs on the Dragon, then move on to the Cherohala towards Tellico for lunch at Cardin's BBQ. After that, we will head back along the Cherohala for more Dragon action. These are tow of the best roads in the country and will challenge the best of drivers. The Dragon's Back offers 321 curves in 11 miles and the Cherohala offers 6,000 feet elevation views of unspoiled wilderness.

Here is a map of the route we will be taking...
dragonloop.gif

This web site offers great information about these roads...
http://www.tailofthedragon.com

For those who may be interested, dyno time will be offered at a local chassis dyno. We can choose friday or if there is enough interest, Saturday evening. The cost will be $50 for 3 pulls. A print-out of each pull will be generated for you to keep.

This IS THE driving event of the spring, don't miss it!
If you plan to attend this event, please contact Brett Melancon at bmelancon@fmbadvertising.com or call me at 865-694-3909 for information.

Brett Melancon
Freeman Melancon Bryant Advertising
Knoxville, Tennessee

'91 Alfa Romeo 164S
'81 Fiat X1/9 (English RHD version in USA)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Author[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Reply[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "f";n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "v";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "g";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Brett"); // --> </SCRIPT>Brett <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Quicktime movie of the Dragon<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]February 22 2001, 10:04 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Check this out for a small preview of what is to come, remember, there is 11 miles of this...

http://www.miatadrives.com/gap2001/

Brett<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Ulix[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Great event, I have driven it (story included)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]February 22 2001, 1:05 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Back in '88 when I had my first X1/9. I was 19 and in the middle of building up the car. My buddy Markus and I took a little camping trip from Mobile, AL up to the Smokies.

My wide wheels and tires hadn't come in yet, so I had the stock 4.5" steel rims with 165-13s on the front and because the used tire dealer had nothing better, a 185/70 and a 185/75-13 on the back. Pretty worn, all of them. The car had no carpet, door panels, maybe no dash (just instrument cluster), the exhaust pipe kept falling off the exhaust manifold (stupid clamp on '77) and for most of the trip the car ran only on full throttle or at idle because the 1st stage main jet was plugged (didn't know that then).
Markus and I had the time of our young lives. The way the road curves around the mountain, you round a blind corner and then you can see the next two turns in a cove, so that when nobody is coming, you can do whatever you want. Of course we usually wanted to get sideways
happy.gif

We drove the road a couple of times each way, pulling over and waiting when we had a bunch of slow cars ahead.

Afterwards we pulled over by a lake, standing by our yellow X when we heard the sound of an italian horn and a red X blasted past!
After a little while we decided to catch them, but even though we charged hard, we didn't catch them. Would be cool if that red X was driven by an east coast XANA member!
happy.gif

Ulix
P.S. That old '77 can be seen here:
http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/X19/PastX19s.html
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back