EFI ECU Wiring & Unused circuits

I really don't think this will go well. A fuel system out of a different car is going to have the wrong tuning and L-jet isn't very tunable. Unless there is something wrong with the FI on the car I'd either leave it alone or install Megasquirt.

agreed

I would not tinker at all with the stock computer. Pull it, install a megasquirt and tweak away. I was talking to a guy who was building a street/race corvette at a car show last year. He was in the middle of the computer and he was using megasquirt. Told me he was customizing switches to 3 different settings. Economy, which would tweak all the settings for the best gas mileage. Sport, which would be pretty close to factory ECU with some tweaks. And finally Race, which would just open the car up for the best possible performance. He had big plans for active suspension that would also be tied into these buttons and after a while I got out of him that he was a computer programer by trade and his brother is a mechanic so just about anything they think up, they try and have pretty good success doing it. Point being, while the stock ECU is not really friendly when modifying it, there is a lot you can do with a Megasquirt system. Even more if you have the knowledge and the ability (and money).

Me? My children are grown - 23 & 19 :grin:

Curious what you think the LH system would get you over the stock L?...

If you're going to go through the trouble of reworking the entire FI system, going with Megasquirt might be an easier path... ...and you'd end up with something much more tunable...

..Not when I have an entire EMS & harness in the garage. Throttle response is no comparision between the two. The LH 2.4 Jetronic is much more refined than the old L-Jet - it is adaptive, has fully electronic ignition with a map that adjusts to many variables, will pass NY emissions, and parts are cheap :D

Back