Electrical issues.

scorpmontecarlo

Just bought a 76 Scorpion out of Vegas. On the third time to drive it I lost all electrical power no headlights no interior lights nothing. it acts like the battery is not even hooked up. Checked all connections at the battery everything at the ignition switch seams to be hooked up. Any Ideas?

I would start by replacing the ground wire from the battery to the chassis, and then the Positive cable to wherever it goes (probably starter) From what you are saying the issue is between the Battery and the car.

im not near my scorpion at this moment. but I think the main power feed comes from the starter. Check the battery cable at the starter, see if that connection is clean and tight.

You can also use jumper cables to do quick testing. IE battery negative to engine block. If it now works, then fix the ground. Years ago I worked on a scorpion that the owner had to constantly replace the throttle cable. Turned out to be a bad main ground. The throttle cable was acting at the ground and was not up to the task. Kept failing

Back