engine swap gathering, waukesha, wisconsin

wcarter4

'74 x1/9
out with the old in with the new, looking at saturday october 17, could use the help and knowledge of replacing motor in an X19. food and drinks will be provided by Mustang Shelly's Roadhouse.
all are welcomed to come help watch and learn or just hang out.
here is my address, S57 W29752 Saylesville RD. Waukesha, WI 53189 from my gps N42.93901 x W88.34040 this is from the drive way. ill have a sign posted by my driveway. please rsvp at the link below so i can have enough food, also can have a quarter barrel party after back at the bar if enough people want to go.

http://www.meetup.com/chicagolandfiatandlancia/calendar/11388002/

Hey, I know where that is!

I grew up in North Prairie. I'd be there to help you, but I live a thousand miles away now. Take some pics and post them tho!

Pete

Wow!

I can't wait for my little critters to be old enough to crawl in and fix stuff, I have a huge bruise on my back from removing the steering rack last week!!!

thanx anyway, and i will be posting some pics. here are a few of last week, my 10 year old son installing the brake and clutch pedals.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=155613&id=1165837834&l=09c82dfc1c
Haha!! That is really cool. My daughter who is 6 is in love with my X mainly because its the only car we have that she can legally sit next to me while driving. However she also shows a little interest when I am working on it. Keep my fingers crossed.

Wish I could join the engine swap myself but I am also a little a bit far away from ya :D

if you were on the west side of wisconsin i would consider joining in on the fun, but its sort of a haul for me

i am hopping to get 1 or 2 x guys to help, this is my first x19 and when i bought it i was told it was running but needed a fuel pump, so now it has a siezed motor.

got the new motor, and my son and i are getting it ready for the swap.

just an update

well i got the old motor out. now i found out that i need to swap the trans and flywheel before the motor goes back in.

i could really use the help

Tell us more....

Do you simply need on site muscle or advice from people who have done this before?

I can't be there, as I live in Oregon, but I have done this type of swap more times than I can count.

Let me know if there is any technical advice we can provide.

Eric

Wish I could help

but I don't live close enough. Hopefully you will get a volunteer or two.

Good luck!!

Make them pay ... Ha

A guy I knew had built a yacht in his back yard. Saturday the neighborhood would strool by to watch, so he put up a sign:
If you want to look- pay $5 per hour
If you want to help - $10 an hour
If you want to advise - $25 an hour.

I think there is something to learn there. Now would you want me to pay you $25 for my advise ???

really i just want to know if i change flywheels that the 5 speed trans will bolt right up. i know i have to use the starter with the flywheel. but this is my first x, i restored a spyder in the past but very different in so many ways, so i guess i am looking for someone who knows what to do to guide me through this

Back