Fiat 500 in America? When??

DTohill

80 X1/9 Carb
I have heard a lot about the coming of the Fiat 500 to the US. I also know that Chrysler will be selling them. But when is the release date? I want to test drive one and hopefully buy one. Anyone heard anything??

Daniel Tohill

No dates yet,we will know for sure in the upcoming moths...

as their joint venture gets more defined.Fist speculations is they`ll be selling them in around a 2yr period,not bad.Just hope they bring the Abarth version and that prices are not that high if they really want to compete against the Mini......:)

I read some very-recent news that said they might actually start importing European-built Fiat 500s within 12 months. :eyepop: I see more and more Minis and Smarts popping up around LA; I always feel Fiat is losing out. Not to mention the European-market derived Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, and Nissan Versa. How wouldn't this thing give them all a go?

fiat-500-lounge-tmr-2.JPG

Fiat_500_abarth01.jpg

But, what I still would be much more willing to buy would be the Fiat Grande Punto Abarth. :wall:

fiat-grande-punto-abarth.jpg

Last edited:
Keep everything crossed...

As long as Chrysler gets some $$ from Congress and it or Fiat doesn't go bankrupt it seems 12-18 months is the time line.

“... "We won’t see anything in the next 12 to 18 months, but after that I expect there to be two or three Fiat platforms which Chrysler can bring over here," said Michael Robinet, an analyst with the firm CSM Worldwide..."
You can read more here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/business/21auto.html?em

Best regards, Chris

Back