Fiat in the press!

Fiatpwr

True Classic
The local news paper is doing a story about the 131 and our travels with it.

It's not often I get visitors interested in the Fiats. Especially cute ones. :woot:

Happy 4th!!

Oh you certainly will.

Personally I don't care what people say about my cars. I look at it this way, any car that has survived in one piece for thirty or more years is a car that was good to start with and continues to be a good one to this day.

We are now the caretakers of a collector cars and need to keep them as best we can, regardless of the foolish commentary of others.

Re: Naysayers

I look at it this way, any car that has survived in one piece for thirty or more years is a car that was good to start with and continues to be a good one to this day.

I was fueling up my 128 Wagon the other day, & a mid-20's age guy pulls in at the pump next to me, gets out, starts gassing up his car, & all the while his friend is ogling my car & commenting to him about how much he likes it. After a minute or two, the admiring friend finally asks me "What kind of car is that?". I tell him it's a Fiat 128, pointing to the rear emblem. "Fiat, huh? Cool...". :thumbsup:

Almost immediately, the driver starts up with the "Fix It Again Tony" vitriol, saying what a POS Fiats are, how terribly designed they are, every one is a rustbucket, always breaking down, blah, blah. A good 2-minute spewing of nonsense until I finally finished gassing up, calmly turned around & gave Mr. SmartAss a lesson on just where his own "tuner" Honda's FWD engine/transmission design/layout were stolen from (the Fiat 128!), & if Fiats are such "POS cars" (yes, I actually did the air-quotes motion with my hands), then why has mine lasted over 41 YEARS & have 420,000+ miles on it? And it's my daily-driver! :brow:

No response, just a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face. The friend just started busting up laughing & pointing at him, "Dude! You just got schoooooled!!! HA! HA! HA! HA!".

:hrmph: "Shut up, let's go".

As they're pulling out, the friend turns around in his seat, leans out the window & gives me a good ol' :headbang:.

Some people do get it. :D

Oh you certainly will.

Personally I don't care what people say about my cars. I look at it this way, any car that has survived in one piece for thirty or more years is a car that was good to start with and continues to be a good one to this day.

We are now the caretakers of a collector cars and need to keep them as best we can, regardless of the foolish commentary of others.

couldn't have said it better, wish we had a "like" button.

Really nicely done story. Even got her to go for a ride, nice job investigatore di polizia! We'll need to get you a bubblegum machine to put on top of that thing :)

I used to live in Marshfield right next to Plainfield (I worked in Plainfield at a Peugeot repair business for quite a while), haven't been to his shop. I will be in Plainfield in a week or so enjoying my yearly Vermont holiday can't wait to get there.

Hope the heat and humidity breaks by the time I get there next Thursday...

. I will be in Plainfield in a week or so enjoying my yearly Vermont holiday can't wait to get there.

Hope the heat and humidity breaks by the time I get there next Thursday...

I certainly hope you swing by for a visit here. I will be at Freak Out this weekend but I will be around next week.

I will do my best. I am sure my family will be glad to see me wander off for an afternoon or evening...

Thank you for the kind offer.

Have a great time this weekend, I am sorry I am not going. Say hi to Mike Bouse (he has a great set of cocoanuts), Pete Ziegler and anyone else from WMFLU you may see. I really wanted to see some more of the east coast owners and cars but our vacation was delayed and I couldn't do both this year. Drive with care.

Karl

I can meet you at the three penny taproom for a beer in Montpelier if you can't get down here. I am less than an hour from P-field.

I really want to make it down to Royalton, I have to see a few of your pieces of handiwork in person if I can :)

I will let you know one way or the other shortly after I get out there.

Though the Taproom does sound like a worthwhile trip in any case. I am a beer lover (living in Grand Rapids supports my habit nicely) and love the micro brews of VT.

Karl

Back