Fiero Powered X?

I thought it would be cool to run a Turbo Diesel maybe from an early Rabbit. O ring the head and boost the hell out of it.

Power

Why??????????????????????????????????????????????????????:shock:

If you don't get emotional about where it came from, the L44 2.8l V6 that came in Fieros had 140HP stock. You'd have to do a lot to get that much from a Fiat SOHC. Of course, the L44 isn't exactly a bolt-in and I'm sure there is a weight penalty.

But, if you are going to go through all that there are other transverse 60 degree GM V6's that would bolt to the Fiero transaxle (if that's what you were thinking of using).

If it were me I wouldn't go for the V6. I'd rather put in a turbocharged Ecotec 4cyl and F40 trans (which was a joint GM/Fiat transmission) out of a Cobalt SS (it's 260HP STOCK!).

Thats my point Paul. If your going to the trouble of swapping engines. Do it with a better choice....:)

Yes, Tom Degenkolb was building one, but....

Last we saw of him, he had it up for sale on X-Web.

I saw the project while he was working on it, and it was very well done.

Check the archives or ping Tom.

Ciao,

if you go with a v6

Nick Toth(?) had a sweet Alfa 164 3.0 V6 conversion before it got wrecked. Pottsy might have more info on this conversion if I remember right. I have the Auto Italia article about it I could scan later this week and post.

Well the reason is because I have access to a nice 2.8 v6, and a Turbo kit, and it is super cheap.... it is suppost to be pushing 205+ hp with the turbo and because I don't have to worry about smog. I would love to go out and drop $4,000 on a complete SR20 swap, but for under $500 and I know the engine...it is hard to pass up.

some guy in Ottawa here did it.

I could try to track him down if you want to compare notes.

Think he had the X and worked at a GM dealer and got an engine cheap.

Chuck

Back