FIFTY CARS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
Ian Lawson asked for this info and now I can't find the thread...

Others may be interested so here is a link:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fifty-Changed-World-Conran-Octopus/dp/1840915366"]Amazon.com: Fifty Cars That Changed the World (Fifty (Conran Octopus)) (9781840915365): Design Museum: Books[/ame]

As I was saying to Ian... there are so many references to Italian designers and for a few bucks, its a great book to have. Its NOT a big books, about 6 X 9 inches... I feel its a terrific read.

Do look at the "more photos" and the FIAT 600 is included... and then there is this on pages 102 and 103:

Yep, looks like a real interesting read..........!!

.....and a pretty attractive price too!!

Hey, keep it on your bookshelf, Tony!
I will have a good read thru it when I visit you in SUNNY California - one day! :sun:

cheers, Ian - NZ

UPDATE... found this on the LAST page in this book...

... and the very last paragraph!

Authors are speaking about the SMART car and say that Mercedes may have... "lost some $4 BILLION in the venture [to date]. However, it still hopes the range will be profitable as it has achieved something useful by inserting a new micro car type into the traffic ecology of the cities. In some ways, Smart has paid the penalty of going first, both Fiat's new 500 and Toyota's IQ show that these companies also believe there is now potential in this new sub-Mini sector."

Interesting... hopefully Fiat will fulfill the advantage given to it...

Back