Finished my rain tray mod today.

Dude. That looks pretty good.

You've taken the rain tray mod and turned it into a styling theme. Are you saying that part of the rain tray was retained, and you just removed the relevant parts? If so, that could solve a lot of trouble with the hood stay and other things. I like it.
I might add that it has a certain Italian supercar look.

I super duper like that. What would be the primary concerns with driving it in the rain now? Water in the distributor or what?

I super duper like that. What would be the primary concerns with driving it in the rain now? Water in the distributor or what?
wow I haven't heard "super duper" for ages... I've driven my x1/9 after getting the whole engine bay wet, with no problems from the dizzy, even though the thing is full of holes...

Looks a tidy job, I have a rain tray mod of similar design in the pipeline, but with an aluminium (that's aluminum to you guys!!:)) mesh rather than the woven flyscreen type material.

I notice you still have the 1" plastic trim on the engine lid, removing this also makes a fantastic 'heat escape' both while stopped and moving.

Looks truly awesome. It takes a certain kind of person to own a red car. You've turned it into a piece of art!

Well that's a bit different again...

... keeping the side panels...

I like the contrast of the RED screening also...

Congrats! Let us know what ya think running around this summer... and your issues (if any) when it comes to winter...

Back