First Drive in 21 Years

Mark

FIATFREAK
After some delays with having to pull the fuel tank and repairing the starter solenoid, I drove the 850 for the first time since I bought it in 1991. Please indulge me for a minute:

Last edited:
It needs testing in the Mid-West

That car definitely needs testing to see if it complies with the intricacies of my local Mid-West back roads. I will go wait by the mailbox while you box it up and ship it to me. :whistle:

Pretty please??

That car looks perfect Mark. It is beautiful.

So...

So... how was the drive? Sure looks good. My first Fiat was a '72 850 Spider. Still kind of miss it.

S-L-O-W, but it was more of a shake-down drive. I need to get it over to the alignment shop before I can really take it out. I was just happy to get it out of the shop under its own power!

So... how was the drive? Sure looks good. My first Fiat was a '72 850 Spider. Still kind of miss it.

Clearly worth the wait.

Its a beauty with amazing craftsmanship.

Lovely indeed.

21 years?!!!

Congrats, must have been a big big day for you! Car looks gorgeous, best body version of the 850 by far. Just gorgeous and I love the X1/9 "photo-bombs" too :)

ENJOY!!!

Thanks for all the kudos. This thing is a blast to drive! Nothing like my other cars; more like driving a golf cart. Reminds my of the King Midget we had when I was little. It sure draws a lot of attention; more than the Scorpions. I'm mostly glad I was able to preserve another orphan Fiat.

Back