For all that appreciate RADICAL engineering...

Interesting!....

Outstanding work throughout and seems very well thought out.

The thing that I would do different would be the rear drive axle treatment. From an engineering point of view, the independent rear suspension is cool. But he has to take fairly extreme steps to limit camber change of the wide tires, plus the axles are very short. From a practical standpoint if I was doing it, I would probably go with the ubiquitous Ford 9 inch rear end. That is a pretty sure way to do away with camber change, and might be a bit simpler to build.

But, I did not build it. It represents the owner's wishes/desires/vision and that is cool. Great car!

Ciao,

I would agree Mark...

Tubbed and all, I first thought it was a 4 link drag package... But regardless... the workmanship is awesome! Keeps me staring...

Cool stuff and great thread... but it should be in NFC.

The only reason I point this out is because there was just a conversation in NFC around what should be in there, and what should not be there...

This should be there... instead of a lot of the stuff that winds up there.

When I had my 510....

I purchased a set of bump steer spacers from Bryan Feldman. They were a simple aluminum block that fit between the bottom of the strut and the spindle bearing housing.

The 1-1/4 inch thick spacers were just the thing you needed once you cut your springs to lower the front end.

On the back I found a front pair of springs off of a Datsun roadster.

Man those were fun times. I loved my 510 but it had lots-O-rust.

Back