SOLD For Sale: 14 x 6 Camapagnolo America Wheels

peakay

Low Mileage
SOLD

Up for sale is a set of Campagnolo America wheels from an Alfa Romeo. Specs are 6J 14, 98 pcd and fit well on an X as a +1 wheel size. Really nice, very light (12 lbs) italian style wheels with lots of dimension and interesting shapes - only selling as a set of panasports I like fell into my lap.

Below is a photo of one of the actual wheels plus what they look like on mounted wiht the correct tires on an X. More photos to follow.

$600 - PM with interest or email to my forum username at gmail. Thank you.

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-10%20at%201.55.18%20PM_zps96klbz5j.png

americas_x19_zpsal6doq4o.jpg

Last edited:
They seem to match up with the data at Histowheels.com for Campagnolo 40767/BP, they are listed as Elektron, aka magnesium alloy. IMO you are "giving these away" LOL!!!!!

What tire size are you running for a true + 1 OD? and ... would they be included with the wheels?

They currently have Alfa spec tires on them, so wheels only unless you want some too tall tires. For an X, I would say 195/50 or 185/55 14s.

They currently have Alfa spec tires on them, so wheels only unless you want some too tall tires. For an X, I would say 195/50 or 185/55 14s.
Sorry...I'm out. I can only find (1) One tire brand (sold in the US) and model that fit's this rim "and" maintains the stock 21" Diameter.
Unfortunately, it's also a brand I'm not crazy about, and a specific model I've never heard of or know anything about.

Hey Peakay. Do you happen to know the offset of these wheels ?

Typically on Campagnola wheels the offset spec is cast into the wheel in one of the recesses on the front side of the wheel. It will say ET32 or C.32 or something like that.

And could you take a pic of the back of the wheel ?

Thanks, Doug

The one pic I found where one could see the number it said C.40

Which isn’t to say that is what these are.

They do look great on the car.

well....I am at a loss to understand why one would prefer a common Panasport over Starburst Campys. I've admired these wheels since I first saw them on Ferraris. There were two versions of this Campagnolo, the one with straight ribs running down center of the eight spokes, and yours, the prettier one, with the center rib curving inward at the rim, like on the Ferrari wheel. You should post a forty-five degree profile pic to show that graceful curve of the spokes.

The straight rib version:
https://preview.ibb.co/jSKQcK/Alfa_Campagnolo_4x98_straight_rib_spokes_6x14.jpg

On the Ferrari 275GTB:
https://preview.ibb.co/mcvpMe/Campy_Starbursts_on_Ferrari_275_GTB.jpg

They look very good on your X1/9. Nice classic Italian style. And a good quality, light weight wheel. The offset question was never answered, but I'm guessing it must be such as to place the wheel further outward - toward the fender lip. Because for a relatively narrow (6") wheel they seem to fill the wheel wells nicely. I also like the larger size tires on them (as in the pics). Having a stock circumference is a negative factor in my opinion; the final drive on X's is too low and results in high rev's when cruising. So a taller tire will make that better. Throwing off the speedo is not a factor, since it isn't even close to accurate anyway. Plus it looks good having larger tires; again, for a relatively small diameter (14") they fill the wheel wells nicely. I don't care for the tiny 13" stock size wheels - they are lost in these large fender openings. But I realize these are personal taste opinions and not for everyone.

Based on the earlier comments you should have no problem selling these.

They look very good on your X1/9. Nice classic Italian style. And a good quality, light weight wheel. The offset question was never answered, but I'm guessing it must be such as to place the wheel further outward - toward the fender lip. Because for a relatively narrow (6") wheel they seem to fill the wheel wells nicely. I also like the larger size tires on them (as in the pics). Having a stock circumference is a negative factor in my opinion; the final drive on X's is too low and results in high rev's when cruising. So a taller tire will make that better. Throwing off the speedo is not a factor, since it isn't even close to accurate anyway. Plus it looks good having larger tires; again, for a relatively small diameter (14") they fill the wheel wells nicely. I don't care for the tiny 13" stock size wheels - they are lost in these large fender openings. But I realize these are personal taste opinions and not for everyone.

Based on the earlier comments you should have no problem selling these.

Thanks Jeff - guess I missed that question. I believe they are ET45 offset.

They do have tires on them in size 195/65r14 and I can include them, but they may be too large for an X1/9. If so, they will need to be dismounted.

Here's two shots from one of mine. I don't know the offset, I always thought C40 was the model? However I found that the centerline or mounting point was the same as my stock steel wheels, just wider in both directions. Or so it seemed. IMG_20190216_213734121.jpg IMG_20190216_213557461.jpg

Back