Forged fiat ARROW con-rods 128.5mm

Gtturbo

True Classic
As above, probably the best con rods you can get for your fiat. Retail at around £850-1000.

These are used for 5000miles, comes with arp bolts.

After £400

Message me if your interested. Will get pictures up ASAP.

Truly a work of art these con rods.

Also got machined, weight matched, ligher gudgeon pins £60 for those.
Pictures:

AdlbKkl.jpg

8UEp91R.jpg

IHDlVcQ.jpg

aAkKzK7.jpg

ygGRdZf.jpg

DcGFvpb.jpg

izFf4Ni.jpg

WGCluqL.jpg

0RPDpZw.jpg

g2vQhvy.jpg

Nfa7w38.jpg

Question on the Con rods

Mainly because I don't really know what I'm looking at...
Can these be used in a stock 1498 engine setup? If no,
what is the application? Thanks

Hi Bob,

When FIAT increased the engine displacement of the early car 1300 to the late car 1500, they did so by adding a little bore (from 86.0mm to 86.4mm) and a lot of stroke (from 55.5 to 63.9).

Because of the added stroke, they uprated the con rods of the 1300 to forged con rods in the 1500. So the 1500 stock engine already has very strong forged rods.

You wouldn't need the Arrow rods on a stock 1500.

But are they as light as these ones and machined within a gram of each other with arp2000 bolts :)

Also notice the machining work done on the rods :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these are not top-notch rods!:angel: Or that they are not worth the money.

I'm just letting Bob know, (assuming he did not know already) that for a stock build 1500, the factory rods are going to be more than plenty.

And since the price works out to about $720 with the wrist pins, there has to be a cost-benefit analysis done. For example, that money spent on the rods certainly gets you a strong and light rod, but in and of itself does not add any economy, horsepower, torque, or longevity to a stock engine. It only makes sense when combined with other internal performance mods or if you were going to a turbo. OTOH, $720 would buy (just as an example) an Allison coated header, which has been dynoed to show that it adds 6-8HP overall and favorably flattens out the torque curve.

Back