Forum upgrade request: Quick reply boxes

abec

Wil
I think quick reply boxes would be amazing, then I wont be confusing blacktooth in his old mans threaded hybrid view.

I'm not quite sure I follow you, but I will put my 2¢ in on the thread topic. Other sites I am familiar with similar to this one, "reply" just puts you in a sequential order and if you want to reference an earlier post you just quote it in your reply. This site allows you to actually reply to a specific post, although I think you need to look at the "thread tree" to follow the logic. I find this one a tad confusing at times, although I will admit that I like the general format far above the "other style' that lets things get posted with no grouping or much logic. (I know there are specific format names, but i'm not versed enough to know them)

All in all though I find this to be a reasonably well thought out site and of course the membership is top notch!

I'm not quite sure I follow you, but I will put my 2¢ in on the thread topic. Other sites I am familiar with similar to this one, "reply" just puts you in a sequential order and if you want to reference an earlier post you just quote it in your reply. This site allows you to actually reply to a specific post, although I think you need to look at the "thread tree" to follow the logic. I find this one a tad confusing at times, although I will admit that I like the general format far above the "other style' that lets things get posted with no grouping or much logic. (I know there are specific format names, but i'm not versed enough to know them)

All in all though I find this to be a reasonably well thought out site and of course the membership is top notch!

This is exactly what I am talking about, I am glad you said everything I was thinking.

As far as the quick respond option, this is a box you can type in on the bottom of each page, smaller then a typical posting box and they don't have smiley options on the side. But you can quickly type in a response and post without leaving the page to do so.

Back