Freakout is drawing near....

Denise Burchette

True Classic
How many X19s will there be? I'm excited about going back to Asheville for the FFO and we have a lot of great drives and events planned. This year, we'll even be providing a babysitter a few times during the weekend to give parents a break. It promises to be a fun time. Hope you all can make it.

I'll Be There!

And I'll be bringing my 12 year old nephew from Cary, NC. I think I've got a young Fiat Fan!
Dave

In a mad dash

to get my hot rod X reassembled for the show.

IMG_0649.jpg

Right now I've got the engine out (upgrading again) and the transmission needs a little work.

What's the car count so far?

How many cars do you have registered so far? This will be my first FFO and I'm really excited.

If things go well this weekend

If all goes well this weekend and I get my "show car" reassembled, I might have time to get the needed maintenance done on my second X and bring that one too. My wife decided that being 4 months pregnant and NC heat was not a good combo and decided to back out. Now I'm bringing my older brother and it would be great to have two cars for the cruises through the countryside.

They tell me it's 10 degrees cooler in the mountains of Asheville, but having three Carolina babies, I understand your wife's decision. Get that brother of yours over to help you!

Let the countdown begin!

Looks like the strut tops won't be available before FFO, so I've started knocking out all of the smaller stuff. Clean clean clean!:sun:

Wish I could X

...but Reggie the Wedgie isn't in paint yet, just in primer and under a tarp. We will be driving Sparky the Spider again this year. Sparky has new KYB shocks and new tie rod ends, centerlink and a FE alignment.
Piddling around with cosmetic details now.
Our plan is to drive to Norris Lake TN to stay with Everett's brother and wife, then perhaps meet up with the Knoxville group Thursday morning for the Tail of the Dragon drive.

Reassembly complete!

And I don't have to use race fuel!!! Just detailing the car now. See "yall" there Wed evening! :grin:

The X Made It!

It took about 9 hours, 658 miles, 19.2 gallons (about 34 mpg), running about 75 mph to get here. I have to remember to pre-sunscreen the next time I take it for a long drive with the top off on a sunny, 100 degree day. I'm fried!
Dave

Ouch!

I have to remember to pre-sunscreen the next time I take it for a long drive with the top off on a sunny, 100 degree day. I'm fried!
Dave

I kinda did this once on the way to Matt's open house. It's about 7.5 hours from STL to Columbus. I put sunscreen on my face, neck and arms, but didn't think to put it on the top of my thighs. You know how when you sit down your shorts ride up your legs a bit? By the time I got to Indy (4 hours from STL) I had fried a 1 inch band across the tops of my legs. If it didn't hurt, it would have been funny.

Hopefully you aren't too fried Dave, so you can enjoy the FFO.

Have fun!!

Back