FS: 1300 Intake Manifold 1974

bg82x

Bob Grasch
Up for sale is a 1974 1300 Intake Manifold. These were a one year only design. These offer the most flow with a 2 bbl carburetor using a stock manifold. Asking $100 plus shipping. Any questions please ask.
DSCN5346_zpsf71f475e.jpg

DSCN5348_zps5545667c.jpg

DSCN5349_zps8c4a14fc.jpg

How does it differ from the euro 1300 and 1500 manifolds? Shorter runners? Larger Ports? And do all sohc fiats have water jackets running thru the intake manifolds? You did say any questions, right? ;)

Yes I said any questions.......

Since I personally have never seen the euro versions I can't answer that question. My comments were based on all of the USA spec versions that I'm aware of. To my knowledge all of the intake carburetor manifolds have water jackets.

Maybe someone can chime in on the euro versions. It seems I'm always learning something new about the X1/9. Even after 33 years of X1/9 ownership.

Thanks for the reply, Bob. So just the USA versions then, this one is superior because... larger ports? shorter runners? less obstructions in the ports? Sorry just trying to learn.

Rob

My understanding is.........

That this intake manifold has the biggest most free flowing runners of all the 2bbl downdraft X1/9 manifolds.

Sorry I didn't answer that the first time.:dead:

74 USA manifold is very similar to the euro 1300 manifold (and almost identical to the Australian spec 1300 manifold) which are all outflowed by the euro / australian spec 1500 manifold ... the biggest difference is port diameter from around 26mm to around 28mm.

If you look at AlC's faza book he describes a dyno sheet and lists the 1500 euro manifold as be "preferred" as it flow best. Cant recall the cast in numbers off the top of my head but it's in the 'ultimate sohc' thread.

SteveC

FS: 1974 Intake Manifold updated price.....

Lowering price to $75 plus shipping. If you have any interest please contact me.

Thanks,
Bob

Back