SOLD - AVON 13" Road Race Tires (UPDATED)

Jeff Stich

True Classic
SOLD - One pair of original Avon ACB9 5.0/22.0-13 road race tires in good used condition. These were bought new just over 2 years ago, & were only used for 2 race weekends on my friends' vintage PBS "E" Sports Racer running in VARA that race season (ie: low use on a lightweight car). They have since been stored individually in black garbage bags, lying flat on the concrete floor underneath a couple of my 850's in my shop/storage building.

Nothing wrong with the tires, the car owner just prefers to methodically replace certain wear items each new race season. Rather than just have these tires continue sitting in our shop taking up valuable space, I'm offering them to anyone here looking for inexpensive, good quality race &/or autocross tires for their car.
;)

NOTE: These are track-only tires, not meant for normal road use. The 5.0/22.0-13 tire is for 13" wheels with a 4.5"-6.5" width range.

avons02.jpg avons07.jpg avons3.jpg avons5.jpg

SOLD - SOLD -SOLD

Last edited:
I ran a similar set of these a couple of years ago. Good tire. Important to note these usually are for cars weighing 2/3rd to 1/2 of what the X weighs, so expect wear to be a bit quicker than normal. Great price and entry tire for anyone wanting to get into race tires to "check it out"

Jeff, as discussed in another thread - about these tires for my future track day car build.
As I suspected these are way too skinny. I need 8.0/23.0-13. Thanks anyway.

Back