FS Fiat X1/9 with Mk1 Uno Turbo motor - South Australia

myexonenine

True Classic
For sale is my 1980 Series 2 X1/9.

This car was originally a 1300 with a 4 speed, but I have installed a Mk1 Uno Turbo engine and hybrid 5 speed gearbox. The engine has about 120,000km on it. Only real problem is the cold starting doesn't work too well, but doesn't take much to get it started and warming up. It doesn't matter how I drive this car, I still get around 7 litres per 100kms in fuel consumption!

Engine mods are basic ones and include a lightened flywheel, UniFilter air filter, 2 3/4" mostly stainless steel exhaust built using a Toyota 200 Series Landcruiser straight through glass pack muffler, and sounds very nice.

I have rebuilt the master cylinders, installed new rubber brake lines, rotors, pads.

Comes with 12 spare tyres to use on the rear, they are Yokohama ADVAN A048 road legal race tyres, size 205/60R13, The fronts are running 175/70/R13 in a normal highway tyre.

I have resprayed the car in the original silver, its not a perfect paint job, but I am happy with it, all done using quality paints.

Also has a pumperless conversion done, I have the smaller bumperettes too which will be included with the sale, these need some paint and brackets made up to fit.

I was in the process of making a custom dash insert for it, but never really finished this, so it's a bit agricultural, wouldn't be too hard to replace with a standard one though. In the dash is a EGT gauge, oil temp gauge and boost gauge along with the standard gauges. The air controls for fresh air and all are not connected to anything, but are still operational. There is no heater tap, as this failed and I replace it with an elbow piece off another heater core, so the heater is on all the time at the moment, but you could install a heater tap in-line somewhere.

Here is a link to my photobucket album: http://s279.photobucket.com/user/myexonenine/library/X19?sort=3&page=1

Many hours have been spent getting the car to this point, it is by no means perfect, but it goes really well.

I have most of the original parts, engine, gearbox, bumpers, etc.

Selling to buy a small family car that my wife can learn to drive in.

Looking for offers around $5000

Car is registered, but the authorities have not been informed of the engine conversion.

Any questions?
Roger Paine
rogerpaine*ymail.com

aussie tires

I am wondering if you have access to wide tides down under? looking for 215 50 13 and 235 50 13, any type or style. seems the states are more interested in bigger wheels/tires as a form of getto bling. I saw a 1969 el camino painted neon purple sporting 30" wheels. guess mo money than brains.
let me know.
thanks mikemo90*aol.com

Back