FS - Perth, Australia - 78 1300 X1/9 parts/project car.

PaulG

Well unfortunately I need to get rid of my old X, I'd been a member here many years ago but couldn't find my account details.

I bought her about 2001 with the intention of restoring her, the engine had been recently rebuilt by the previous owner. Apart from a few small drives it basically sat in the carport for several years with the intention of me eventually getting round to restoring her. In 2006 I had some work done and had her re-registered with the intention of getting started on the project, soon after a heap of family trouble happened and then in 2008 I was diagnosed with cancer and it became a dream that probably was never going to be fulfilled. The battery died not long after and its sat in the carport since un-driven. Now I just need to get rid of her as my health has kinda got to the point where this project is just not going to happen.

I've let the registration lapse an have no idea what sort of condition things have degraded to as far as the engine is concerned while it has been sitting idle, but it has less than 5000km on it since the rebuild. Overall she's pretty shabby, but would be a great parts car or a project vehicle for someone with the space and time to do the work.

Rather than sending her off to the wreckers or scrapyard I'd rather see someone get some use out of it, so figured I'd check with you guys here.

It's a 78 1300cc 4speed model.

If anyone wants to take the complete car off my hands, I'm asking $350, you'll need to organize a car trailer or flatbed to take it away.

As mentioned in the topic, I'm in Perth, Australia (Midland to be more precise.)
I'll try get some pics up in the next day or two.

Regards

Paul Goddard. cherrypie<at>iinet.net.au

***SOLD***

Last edited:
Sorry for your problems Paul...

Sorry I can't be of any help, I'm sure Steve can help you with the car though.

Bless you and enjoy this Christmas...

No probs Tony, the well wishes are appreciated, we've been having a decent holiday break. Had chemo the other day which has made me feel a bit crappy but I've been able to keep away from the hospital and enjoy some time just relaxing with my wife for the first time in a while, so its been good. The X has sold and looks like it's going to get some good use which is what I was hoping for, it'll be sad to see it go.

Thanks again.

Back