Fuel line problem... Help!!!!!

justinrun26

Low Mileage
Okay so i own a 1979 fiat x1/9 that ran over a year ago almost two years ago this November, my dumb ass decided to let it sit, and delay working on it... Anyways, i had to buy a new ignition switch because my girl friend broke the key off in the ignition, i thought that was the problem. After in stalling the new switch i and re attaching a wire it finally wanted to try and turn over, however for what ever reason the carburetor was not getting fuel. So my dad had me test the fuel line i could blow air into the gas tank(hear the gas bubble), and i could siphone gas through the line towards the pump.

Still it would not turn over so i replaced the mechanical fuel pump, and the fuel line its self, and still it will not start, now i might have installed fuel line wrong onto the pump(i am going to test this theory tonight after i am off of work) but i was wondering if anybody else has run into this problem, or if you have any suggestions on what else it might be... Thanks and i will be getting Irish tonight if i cant get this thing to run its been the better part of two days working on her...:italia::wacko:

Did you try spraying a little ether into the carb to confirm it runs when fuel is present?

Does fuel come out of the line to the carb when cranking?

There are various online copies of the Fiat manuals, but I only know the late Bertone one.

Yeah i have tired priming the line, as well as loading the carb each time i load the carb it runs then dies. I however do have a one way valve in between the fuel pump and the gas line its self, i think this valve might not be working so i am going to try and get a new one tonight and see what happens...

carby

Hi if you work out what is stopping the fuel getting to the carby and it still will not start try cleaning jets pull 1 at time and spray carb cleaner down hole in carb ,blow throw jets and unblock if fulled with junk.Replace fuel with new if you haven't . If you are still having trouble may need to pull carby and put a kit in it and give a good clean.

Back