Fuel pressure regulator

dcioccarelli

Dominic Cioccarelli
Does anybody know the parameters for the standard fuel pressure regulator on a Fuel Injected X1/9 (i.e. at what pressure do they run)? Has anybody run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? If so, up to what pressure and does it have a noticeable effect on performance (and fuel economy)?

Cheers,
Dom/

Check with Matt Brannon

He runs them in his cars and sells them as well.
Maybe he can give you some specifications on what he has.

stock fuel

pressure 42 could 38 ones the engine is warmed up. I have a feeling there will not be a performance gain because your adding fuel without adding more air and that will cause the engine to run rich. and that is if everything else is stock.if your adding a cam depending on witch one more fuel maybe needed.

Last edited:
Does anybody know the parameters for the standard fuel pressure regulator on a Fuel Injected X1/9 (i.e. at what pressure do they run)? Has anybody run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? If so, up to what pressure and does it have a noticeable effect on performance (and fuel economy)?

Cheers,
Dom/

Ciao Dom

Du hast doch gesehen, dass ich einen Benzin Druckregler in meinem X habe. Der Druch ist bei mir aus 3.5 Bar eingestellt.

Der Standart Druck beim X1/9 ist 2.8 Bar.

Wen Du grössere Einlassventile im X hast, dann bringt der verstellbarer Benzindruckregler etwas.
Ansonsten ist es nur ein wenig besser als Original.

Gruss Raffi

lost in translation

can you please put it in plane English Thanks.:wink2:
that is vary cool looking fuel pressure regulator how can I get one and how much dos it cost in us dollars? thanks

Translated for you...

using an on-line translator... It reads:

Nevertheless, you have seen that I have a gasoline pressure control valve in my X. The "Druch" (valve? pump?) puts me within or around 3.5 bars.

Good pressure with the X1 / 9 is around 2.8 bars.

If you have bigger intake valves in X, then the adjustable gasoline pressure control valve brings something. Otherwise it is only a little better than the original.

By bbrown: I don't know Dutch... but I love on-line translators!

Translation.

Well, as I know Raffi it is a bit easier for me, but basically: "As you have seen, I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in my X. It is currently set at 3.5 bar. The standard pressure is 2.8 bar. When you have bigger inlet valves, the adjustable fuel pressure regulator is advantageous. Otherwise it is not much better than the original". So that is my translation. But I'm willing to bet it is better than Google. And yes, I probably should look at improving other things before increasing the fuel pressure.... Cheers, Dom.

can you please put it in plane English Thanks.:wink2:
that is vary cool looking fuel pressure regulator how can I get one and how much dos it cost in us dollars? thanks

Hi

On Ebay you get what you are looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Univ...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Univ...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PURP...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Back