Fun Fiat 500 movie

ryan

True Classic
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZmGv-ecm3I"]YouTube - James May's Fiat 500 vs BMX bandits - Top Gear - BBC autos[/ame]

Yeah, I really enjoyed his understanding of Fiats and the "people's cars" of Italy in general. That bit about the valves was the highlight of the video. :nod:

That will sure be fun to see some nice red or yellow Fiat 500s zipping down the LA highways next year.

Speaking of, saw an Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione simply parallel parked on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu a few weeks ago. :shock:

Don't get too excited about the 500 here...yet!

Major roadblock ahead with the Supreme Court now involved. The Fifth Ammendment of The Constitution will be called into play on behalf of the Chrysler hedgefund and bonds holders and Indiana pension holders, this coming week. :2c:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Last edited:
Personally I'd rather see some of these investors get a stake in the new Chrysler (as opposed to the UAW getting 55%). That said, my gut feeling is the Supreme Court is going to dismiss the complaints and the bankruptcy process will go forward.

I wonder though if in the situation where the Chrysler deal would be completely scuttled and the company goes into liquidation -- would Marchionne/Fiat still go ahead with their Fiat 500 and Alfa Romeo plans?

I'm guessing they would. Marchionne seems adamant on getting the Fiat Group back into the whole of North America. When things turn around, the US is still the biggest piece of the pie.

Back