Gator aid for all Bumperless X19 guys

To all who turn to bumperless this is a little aid to cover the bumper strut hole.

Doug Lindeman “the rat” develop this little cover from GATOR AID 32oz cap many years ago.

I hope it helps

Follow pictures

img7471z.jpg

img7472.jpg

img7473v.jpg

xcoverlip09.jpg

xcoverlip03.jpg

Since you've included my car....

...are you suggesting I should do this? :grin:

I wish my X was that orange, it'd be just like my 70's 850 coupe from back in the day!

Good idea, at least until I get my real bumper set up... :)

Mac turned me on to another option

I used office chair castors to fill my bumper holes. fit snuggly and just required a few smacks from a rubber malet to get them in.

Well Ricardo... It was Doug that used...

TEXACO CAPS from Brake Fluid cans... and he had BLACK caps with the Texaco Star on them... Looked cool.

I don't have a close-up of HIS car but he used the same on Tom Pazdernak's shown here.

I doubt if you can see the stars with this old foto... but talk about ORANGE! This was shot in about 2003 or so at BFI right after Halloween!

TomP-1.jpg

I've been using them

For the past 2 years it's been the plugs for the bumpers on the X. They fit perfect and won't come out.

!!

I think you should mock up some machine guns or rocket launchers in those holes, just like James Bond.

my 78

those openings for the bumpers turned into a spider habitat, so once they were relocated to a better place (courtesy of a giant can of Raid and a garden hose) those holes needed plugging.

One thing I think would be cool, and have thought about it extensively, is putting mini model rockets in them. Got someone going too slow in front of you? why use the horn. Shoot them. Someone tailgating you? flip a switch, press a button and send a couple rockets at them. Cue up the 007 music now.

I have been thinking what do do with this since I went to bumperless. My best idea was to fab up some removable tow hooks. I was thinking I'd use the factory hole and some left over square tube stock to weld some 4x4 tow hooks. I always liked the look of tow hooks for the weekend racer vibe.

Awe, first things first, gotta get it running again.

Back