Gearshift control question

I adjusted the cable again but need to examine everything more closely. Btw this is a 128. It is the same as an X right? It is working again at the moment... when you mention something bending are you referring to the pivoting arm that the cable goes thru? That seems very beefy!
The 128 has a cable approximately twenty four inches long that goes from the clutch peddle through the firewall to a tab on the transmission with a round hole to the clutch release lever. The cable pulls the clutch release lever to disengage the clutch. The X19 has a hydraulic piston on the clutch peddle and a hydraulic piston on the transmission that pushes the clutch release lever when the clutch peddle is pressed. From the release lever to the throw out bearing is very similar on 128 and X19. The 128 cable should last a long time trouble free if set up properly. I think the problem is somewhere in the cable. Is there a half round ball nut seated in the clutch release leaver?

I thought JJ's pics looked unfamiliar...

I think the lock nut might have been loose and allowing the rounded nut to vibrate loose. I did have to use a spacer btwn the round end and the lever arm. I believe it may be related to the old thread regarding thin vs thick pressure plates. I bought a nylock nut that i will thread on there to keep it in place. That should rule out my loose nut theory. (That doesnt sound right):lol:

Back