Got a reply from Shayne on the soft top!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Got a reply from Shayne on the soft top!!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 29 2001 at 6:10 AM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Mark"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mark <NOSCRIPT> Mark </NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Shayne has an interesting offer.

Here is the text of Shayne's reply:

G'Day to ALL,

Thanks for replying so quickly, and sorry about the delay on replying to
you.

I am currently looking for a manufacturer to reproduce the components
needed. The way that I have made my first one is to fit directly on to the
original clips both front and back, but still be able to be folded and
placed into the rear storage compartment. Also more importantly it retains
the original profile of the hard roof exactly.

It works quite well but still needs a couple of final little mod's to make a
tight fit to the front screen. In the centre of the screen it is 98% but
still very useful and effective.

The cost is AUD $650 Australian each, (or approx US$340 / GBP 240 POUNDS
STERLING plus postage)
depending on the conversion rate at the time.

I am also willing to send over a couple to an X1/9 Club if your only
intention is to copy it. It then will be at a much higher price but I will
release it to a Club ONLY so it can be copied and the profits go to the club
not and individual. This will ensure the price is reasonable and can be made
in a batch to achieve that.

Yours truly,
Shayne Williams
Fiat Car Club of Victoria, Australia.

Mailing address:
Shayne Williams
1 Applegum Close,
Croydon Hills, Victoria, 3136.
Australia.
Ph: +613 9733 1131

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Author[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Reply[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "p";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Tony Natoli"); // --> </SCRIPT>Tony Natoli <NOSCRIPT> Tony Natoli </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Folding Tops - Shayne's Answer & Offer!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 29 2001, 3:47 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Subject:
RE: Folding tops
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 21:52:18 +1000
Shayne Williams <shayne@caditglobal.com>
To:
Anthony Natoli <natolial@pacbell.net>

G'Day to ALL,

Thanks for replying so quickly, and sorry about the delay on replying to
you.

I am currently looking for a manufacturer to reproduce the components
needed. The way that I have made my first one is to fit directly on to the
original clips both front and back, but still be able to be folded and
placed into the rear storage compartment. Also more importantly it retains
the original profile of the hard roof exactly.

It works quite well but still needs a couple of final little mod's to make
a
tight fit to the front screen. In the centre of the screen it is 98% but
still very useful and effective.

The cost is AUD $650 Australian each, (or approx US$340 / GBP 240 POUNDS
STERLING plus postage)
depending on the conversion rate at the time.

I am also willing to send over a couple to an X1/9 Club if your only
intention is to copy it. It then will be at a much higher price but I will
release it to a Club ONLY so it can be copied and the profits go to the
club
not and individual. This will ensure the price is reasonable and can be
made
in a batch to achieve that.

Yours truly,
Shayne Williams
Fiat Car Club of Victoria, Australia.

Mailing address:
Shayne Williams
1 Applegum Close,
Croydon Hills, Victoria, 3136.
Australia.
Ph: +613 9733 1131

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 24 May 2001 6:24 AM
To: shayne@caditglobal.com
Subject: Folding tops

Hi Shayne...

John Black says to contact you concerning these Folding Tops for
X1/9s...

Got any, what's the price, what's the shipping to Los Angeles, CA, and
is there a price break on a minimum order...

Thanks...

Tony

Best Regards,

Tony Natoli
1979 X1/9 with 148K and still steamin'
Santa Clarita, CA
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "p";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Tony Natoli"); // --> </SCRIPT>Tony Natoli <NOSCRIPT> Tony Natoli </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->My apologies, Mark...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 29 2001, 6:28 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I had trouble gettin' in this morning... even tried to leave you a message earlier... so I thought I would include everything I got... just like you did!

HA!

Sure didn't mean any offence or anything...

Thanks for understanding, and

Best Regards,

Tony Natoli
1979 X1/9 with 148K and still steamin'
Santa Clarita, CA<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Mark"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mark <NOSCRIPT> Mark </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->No problem Tony. At least we both got a reply! <NT><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 29 2001, 7:31 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start --><nt><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back