Grand Prix New York Award

abarth2litre

1800CC SOHC X1/9
AKA the Go Kart Award was won by us today. Ron jr. and I entered our X at the Scarsdale Concours. In short there were about 30 to 40 million dollars worth of high, high end vehicles at this event and yes! we were awarded a trophy sponsored by a local Go Kart track. Seeing as though we were one of the lowest value cars there it felt pretty good to get a award while many very wealth owners walked away empty.

Many of the organizers were very impressed with the car and when the M.C. announced our win he said a
"Fiat X 1/9 with many Abarth type upgrades most notably the twin Webers." He added "If you haven't seen it you must take a look."

So that makes 3 awards.
I have included some pics of the machinery . NO Drooling!
The one off Pininfarina Corvette, the A 8 10 cly. Audi (which sounds like NOTHING I have ever heard) The Alpha next to us is the same one that we were with at Croton and the pic of Balloons is of Ron Jr receiving the trophy from the announcer.
Ron

http://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac121/abarth2litre/scarsdale/?action=view&current=b897bf0c.pbw

Last edited:
many many thanks

for all your words of support, it means allot to us. We have been shot down on some othe "muscle Head" shows but I don't share my frustration all the time (usually to many mai thi's to type).
We are tryin our best to bring the X to it's rightful place in automotive recognition. It does feel pretty good when Ferrari owners are walkin empty handed lookin at our little X gettin the award. After seeing some of these "Scarsdale Ferrari owners" I don't want a Baby Ferrari :nana:

Ron jr and will do one more show then as the snow starts it will be back to Auto Turismo for more work and a new season of shows in 2011.
So thanks again for the kind words. But, I am really surprised that "Jessica Rabbit" never compliments our car for the "BIG" wins??
Thanks
Ron :happy:

Congratulations, Ron!! Lots of serious equipment in those pics, but where are the pics of YOUR CAR?!?!?

John O.

Only time will tell what might really happen to the X. Historically, and it has been mentioned many times previous, the vintage/classic car market has not been kind to the X..

Things will become more interesting once FIAT begins to sell cars again in the US..

If you read my many post about the X, you'll discover where I'm at with the X.. Regardless, I still hope one day, the X will gain the recognition and proper place it deserves in the history of automotive design.

No matter what the public perception of the X might be, I'll always enjoy the X in my life..

Bernice

for all your words of support, it means allot to us. We have been shot down on some othe "muscle Head" shows but I don't share my frustration all the time (usually to many mai thi's to type).
We are tryin our best to bring the X to it's rightful place in automotive recognition. It does feel pretty good when Ferrari owners are walkin empty handed lookin at our little X gettin the award. After seeing some of these "Scarsdale Ferrari owners" I don't want a Baby Ferrari :nana:

Ron jr and will do one more show then as the snow starts it will be back to Auto Turismo for more work and a new season of shows in 2011.
So thanks again for the kind words. But, I am really surprised that "Jessica Rabbit" never compliments our car for the "BIG" wins??
Thanks
Ron :happy:

Historically?

One must stop being so negative. Just because the X has been over looked doesn't mean the future is negative. When my father (in 1969) was getting ready to buy the 275 GTB 4 for 10 grand John sr begged him to buy the GTO for 5. We thought no way who's gunna want that?
When I bought my 70 1/2 Z 28 in 1988 the 71's 72's 73' were worthless because they had pollution controls. But now, not only are they bringing nice coin but the (very ugly IMO) 74 75 76 second gen Camaro's with the 5 MPH bumpers are starting to rise in price. I still say that investors are shying away from big # cars ( and mean over 50k) because they don't want to gamble that kinda doughski in this environment. That will benefit the X IMO. Besides I have a $50.00 bet with the Baby (bb4re) I'll up the bet to dinner at Roberto's off Arthur ave in the Bronx. Uhmm? that red one on Ebay is that gunna end the bet early?

Not a chance, A-barth...

...the bet was 3 cars within one month hitting the gold number. The red one is pretty...right color and wheels...but not seeing it selling...If he has his reserve so high that $7600 won't buy it...looks like he's pullin' a JJay to me.

I'm thinkin' you've drank 2litres too much:pigsfly:

Back