Great Service from a "New" Vendor

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
In the process of actually assembling my transmission:confuse2:, I got to the stage where I needed to :hammer:install the roller bearing supporting the pinion end of the layshaft. Take the "brand new" bearing out of its correctly labeled genuine FIAT box and to my surprise:eyepop:, it's a used bearing:huh2::cry:!

My :2c:guess is that it was :whistle:swapped :whistle:for the new part when still at a dealership and when the dealership closed and the parts were liquidated, it blended in with the new parts and was sold and stored (probably many times) by a succession of wholesalers and parts vendors until I purchased it.

So I need a bearing and I want it now. Checked many of our regular vendors, but :no:did not turn up anything appealing. For some reason:drink: I thought of DiFatta Bros located in Baltimore, from whom I have never ordered before. I checked their website :pc:which has a static inventory, and the bearing I needed (Fiat Part #4470201) was on the list:excited:. I emailed them on Tuesday nite and Giovanni replied back:read: on Wednesday morning that it was in stock and at a very reasonable price:dance:. I called at 2pm on Wednesday and talked to Ed who took my order:woot:.

I get the bearing today:dance2:, the next day, by UPS Ground, and it is obviously:clap: brand new, :thumbsup:unused, in perfect shape:happy: and of the same manufacturer as what came out of the car (SNR):D.

DiFatta Bros. in Baltimore gets my personal :hug:"Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" and I would encourage everyone to add them to their list of preferred parts vendors.

:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

Last edited:
I took a chance and ordered one of my master cylinders (can't remember if it was clutch or brake) from them. Got the part no problem, pretty quick too. Haven't used it though as the pedal assembly is still out while I do floor pan rust repair:wall:

I would order from them again. Too bad they don't have a better catalog system, but then again not everybody is an internet whiz.

Personal Best...

...smiley count = 52 :)

Uh, now it's 53 :lol:

Nope, 54 :excited:

OMG, I'm in a smiley loop....hellllllll:help:lllllp!!!! 55

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My #1 vendor DiFattas

I have used them for years. They did some service on my Alfas always did great work and on time. I have been buying parts for my Fiats and ALfas from them as well. They know me well enough now that Ed will tell me if he thinks I can do the repair myself or if it would be best for them to do the work and why.

Very knowledgeable employees and mechanics.

Alfas

Todd: When you get a chance, pm me about your Alfas at mandlebaum at sbcglobal dot net. If you are into Spiders, I need some advice.

Thanks,
Allen

Back