Harbor Freight coupons

AngleT

Always more tuning to do
My wife noticed last night that in this weeks TV Guide (back of pg 70) there is a page of Harbor Freight coupons. Thought I would share. Some pretty big savings here!
(Have to find a TV Guide to get the coupons, they won't accept reproductions)

(Guess I should've put this in the FSW section...sorry)

HarborFreightcoupons001.jpg

Ya... just put yourself on HF's e-mail list... you'll start getting more coupons than you could possibly want or use.

HF is a funny place... I both love 'em and hate 'em. Some of their stuff is OK, some is complete junk... the problem is you don't know which until you get it home and use it.

Amen Jim

HF is a funny place... I both love 'em and hate 'em. Some of their stuff is OK, some is complete junk... the problem is you don't know which until you get it home and use it.

Here are two "winners". The brake tool was pointed out by Gregory Smith in the past.. it works as advertised on many makes off car:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95713

This spring compressor is the cat's ass. I used it for the first time recently and it works way better than the old twin screw setup:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=43753

See Tom... no need for an FS&W disclaimer. We will turn this into a DF topic on HF best buys :)

The jack

I know the jack was something that was discussed earlier here. I went this morning to HF and got the last one they had. It is way lighter than my other ones and starts lower too. (No more picking up the car to get the jack under it! LOL) The free flashlight was a bonus. :woot:

I get the HF coupons via email too. Never under estimate the power of good marketing. Do I spend a lot of money at HF because I really need the tools or do I buy them because they are a great deal and I might need the tools? It's a philosophical question I'll have to ponder over my next credit card bill. LOL

... and don't forget to join the...

INSIDER'S CLUB too... especially if you are buying a big ticket item.

They took off another 20% after the SALE price and after using a 20% off coupon also!

(I had bought over $600 bucks of stuff and ended up paying about $363 dollars for all of it. I had originally planned on just buying a 75 ft. power snake to clear a drain line for the regular price of $413 dollars out the door... it was like CHRISTMAS!!!)

I bought that strut spring compressor some time back at a $29.99 sale price... that was a good deal and the tool works great.

Any power tool purchase I would consider risky. If you think "single use" and disposable you'll be OK, but I wouldn't touch the stuff if my income (or life) depended on it.

A few recent experiences...

4 1/2 inch angle grinder... got it on sale for $14.99 I think. Lasted one use... don't know which failed first the bearings or the brushes... but it had a smoking, smoldering death.

One of their $3.99 multimeters... (one can never have too many meters) got it home and the included battery was dead... had a difficult time sourcing a new battery because its an odd size ("N" I think it was)... and it cost more than the meter!... On the second or third use the meter started acting erracticaly... basically useless. Threw it away.

24", 1/2" drive breaker bar... works great.

12" blade, sliding, compound miter saw... got it on sale for ~120 bucks. The included multi-purpose blade was complete junk, but installed a quality blade and the saw has worked great for me for the last year.

Bottom line... buyer beware... and most of the time you get what you pay for.

I know the jack was something that was discussed earlier here. I went this morning to HF and got the last one they had. It is way lighter than my other ones and starts lower too. (No more picking up the car to get the jack under it! LOL)

I go the jack too. See it here with in use with my HF spring tool. :)
springtool3.jpg

I was tired of lifting the car by hand to get my 35 year old Sears floor jack under the side lifting tube. I am getting too old for that!

Doc Hollywood

I wish I could find a video clip of it, but there is this scene in Doc Hollywood with Micheal J Fox after he crashes his Porsche in a very, very small southern town and the town mechanic says "I always wanted to buy a set of metric tools"! My brother and I chuckled about that for years afterward and still do every now and then. Movie was kinda cheezy, but there were some funny parts.

I have had good luck...

Bottom line... buyer beware... and most of the time you get what you pay for.

With the "Central Machinery" and "Central Pneumatic" branded stuff. The "Chicago Electric" stuff is pure garbage, I learned that lesson the hard way.

But for the most part, if you are a hobbyist and are not going to use the stuff to death, you can get your monies worth out of it. For example I have a "4 1/2 inch vertical and horizontal bandsaw" from Central Machinery that I have used for about 8 years now and it's not failed me yet, well worth the $149 I spent on it.

One mans opinion/experience...:bla:

Pete

Doc Hollywood

That movie is one of my all time guilty pleasures. I didn't quote it because I didn't think anybody would get it.

BTW Doc Hollywood movie was good enough for "Cars" to rip off the plot...

I wish I could find a video clip of it, but there is this scene in Doc Hollywood with Micheal J Fox after he crashes his Porsche in a very, very small southern town and the town mechanic says "I always wanted to buy a set of metric tools"! My brother and I chuckled about that for years afterward and still do every now and then. Movie was kinda cheezy, but there were some funny parts.

quality of the...

How are their roller cabinets, the 11 drawer $ 139 dark one in the first post looks decent, anyone have one?

As The Offical SpokesModel of HF....

....Tony, you should not only be getting the usual 20% off, plus the 20% off coupon, plus the Insider 25% discount, you should also be getting at least a 25% employee discount. If they give a senior discount, you could be close to attaining the coveted "They paid me to take it out of the store" status!!!:lol::grin:

The older Sears stuff

The older sears stuff was really well made. 35 years old and still working? Try getting 35 years out of anything these days... LOL Gotta love that old time quality!

A gift for my dad

The older sears stuff was really well made. 35 years old and still working? Try getting 35 years out of anything these days... LOL Gotta love that old time quality!

This Sears jack was a Father's Day gift to my dad from my brother and I when I was about 14. This jack saw a lot of use for a lot of years. Then dad gave it to me about 10 years ago when he decided he was too old to use it anymore. The jack is still going strong and has never required any maintenance work.

My 3-gallon oil-less air compressor...

...has been working for a little over a year so far. I use it to air-up the race tires multiple times each race weekend. It's not much heavier than just an air tank, and the built-in compressor is convenient.

Regards,

Back