Has any one ever put 914 seats in an X

Hey Bob............!

.[ No wood is safe in a car......

.......I've got a good mate down here in Godzone who owns a beeoootiful classic Morgan Plus 4.......the WHOLE body framing is made of wood!!! (British ash, :eek:mg:).
If I told him his car wasn't safe, I know for sure he would kick me in the :shock2:!!! (Heh, I don't think I'll give him your advice!)

cheers, Ian - NZ

!!!!

I don't know about you guys, but I need leg room! I'm using the Miata seats, but I think the 914 seats with the thin back would give me the extra legroom I need.

I think the racer seats look like a roller-coaster seat. Kind of wacky. My butt might get sore in the 914 seat, but at least my knees won't be knockin' the steering wheel.

Choose your poison, I think the 914 seats are a "go" for me. I didn't realize they were so cheap.

im trying to find one local i can sit in to see and maybe pickup to see if it fits, i already have miata seats sitting in my storage shed too so need to sell those than ill have room to store a set of 914 seats if it doesn't work

I love the vintage look of the 914 seats. But I just 're-scored' an extra pair of Miata seats I gave away over a year ago.

They were going to go in a MGB GT my friend in St Louis was planning to put a Rover V8 in... Then he got to feeling guilty about the project sitting idle at 'All British Car Repair' for so long taking up valuable space. http://www.themgdoc.com/ He sold the 'project' to the owner who jumped into it with his son. I'd heard tales of the progress they'd made on the car, figuring all along that they were enjoying my donated seats! (I was cool with that, John made a huge 'british car parts' score a few years back and gave me all the miata stuff the guy had in his shop!)

One day I joked with my friend how 'If I had my miata seats that went to a certain MGB GT project you don't even own anymore, I'd put them in the X1/9 that I just bought!!!!' He told me that technically I still had the seats because they were in the rafters in his garage over his MGB! Trouble was they were in St. Louis Missouri about 850 miles from my X1/9!!!

Stole them back thursday night! 730 miles to go tomorrow!

So I test fitted a set of 914 seats i got for dirt cheap and you are right they have little no no bolstering, but they fit in the car and i fit in them in the car which was my concern and they fit pretty close to perfectly. I also included a picture of a new window vinyl i did when I couldn't sleep last night, the pictures were taken on my phone so sorry about the quality

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

Back