HayTony Natoli

racerx

Autoxer
Hi Tony I haven’t done any testing. Any testing I do now wouldn't be conclusive because I have done the Abarth hood cutouts and it do's go all the way throw I don't think that the hood cutouts mad that big of a difference but it do's look cool .Both the hood cutout and the license plate location.To me anyway.

Hi... sorry I missed this reply... as the NEW version here...

... is kinda a PITA for me to learn.

Yep... yur right... as the cutouts would make a lot of difference... but I betcha STILL if you moved that plate into the middle of the car's air intake, you'd see a difference in operating temp.

My experience was when I made a towbar adapter out of 2 x 3 angle iron and the left it in place after I detached it from our tow vehicle.
Just the 2" section stuck below the stock bumper and at speeds over 60mph, the car would start to run hotter and hotter. HA! At speeds less than, the air was able to re-collect and route through the radiator as it should.

The next day, under identical conditions, I removed the adapter and the problem went away. I used the same route on the freeway also to test in almost identical temps. I was convinced!

So when I tow... I now remember to to remove the adapter also if I'm gonna take any long high speed trips!

Hey Tony

Try setting your account's view preferences to (1) 'tree' forum mode, (2) 'threaded' thread mode with (3) chrono mode sort order.

If you did those three things, this place suddenly looks and acts a lot more like N54...

N54 diehards may find it easier to get used to 2.0 that way at least initially and you only have to set those prefs and click save on them in "UserCP>EditOptions" once...

Back