Headlight switch

LOL Tony!

Looks like the Bob Brown wire mod is in order for the exxie, then in the meantime, I'll clean up the ground connections...I really like the H4 brightness, as my "Pacific Blue" '80 Scirocco had them and WHAT a difference they made, high beams were UNREAL. After all that, I'll buy the Henk mod switch. Oh one more thing I forgot to mention, ever since I've had this car, the high beams never worked, replaced bulbs but no change, just low beams only work. Fuse maybe?

strangepod and hiram in Lawrenceville?

I know where that's at, about an hour from me almost...I like the Discover Mills mall out there, designed by the same company that did the Ontario Mills mall in Ont., Cali., and yes, we certainly need to have a meet! I also just found a Fiat repair shop in south Atl, talked to him for a bit, hes a big fan and has worked on fiats since the year I was born! (45 years haha) think he mentioned Peter from Atlanta, and has three exxies in the shop, gonna go see him next Friday.

I know where that's at, about an hour from me almost...I like the Discover Mills mall out there, designed by the same company that did the Ontario Mills mall in Ont., Cali., and yes, we certainly need to have a meet! I also just found a Fiat repair shop in south Atl, talked to him for a bit, hes a big fan and has worked on fiats since the year I was born! (45 years haha) think he mentioned Peter from Atlanta, and has three exxies in the shop, gonna go see him next Friday.

+1

How the high beams work...

The headlight selector is on the column, separate from the dash switch. If you pull the stalk toward you when the key is on, the high beams will flash for as long as the stalk is pulled toward you.

If you want them on continuously, the headlight switch must be on and the beam selector stalk must be moved to position 3, which is down. Up is parking lights only and the center position is low beams.

If you knew this, check that the highbeam relay is in place, and the correct type of relay, i.e. not a red-stripe relay. Position E4, or the second from the right in the top row of relays. Fuses are P and Q.

At some point in the past...

Chris got some (a lot?) of criticism for posting too many commercial offers on another forum. Or something like that, I don't recall the specifics. But my impression is he wants to be careful not to repeat that offense, whether it was real or perceived.

As one of the volunteer mods I can see why he wants to be careful, folks can be very picky about our little part of the web here, as my inbox will attest.

But, we also want to keep our dedicated Fiat Parts Vendors involved, and more importantly, in business. Without them we'd have very little to do here. I for one try to encourage FPV involvement.

Back