Help- Electrical issue.

mike3487

1980 X
so i have been having electrical issues with my car for a while with the car misfiring and a new problem pooped up that might be related to the miss fire can any one think of a reason my brake light would be on and if i let of the brake and press it again all my gauges pulse and so does the engine rpm
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEOYbPxzAUQ"]YouTube- ‪Electrical issue‬‎[/ame]

Last edited:
I'd tend to agree that system voltage could be the cause - if it's low enough, you can certainly see running issues & drop outs when any extra draw is placed on the system. Have you checked the voltage at the alternator, or at the very least voltage at the battery, off & running idle/off idle?

Brand new alternator from Midwest, yea I am going to go through and try to find a week connection what confused me was it pulsed after pressing the brake peddle

Looks like

A ground to me dragging down the output of the Alternator. Get someone to look at the brake lights when you push on the pedal, are they bright or dim? If dim there is a partial ground on the circuit. Will need to know more if that is the case to help you trouble shoot.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Ya know... it almost has a FREQUENCY of a turn signal

... being activated.

Press on brakes and THEN this pulses?

As suggested... have someone look at the rear lights... pressing ones face to the lenses and see if a directional signal is being lit up in the REAR. This is MOST likely where the brake and directional circuits come together... next the wiring to and fro...

If so... I'd pull all the rear lights and see if the problem goes away, then reinstall them and see when it comes back.

Back