hi guys what do you think about hose cover sleeves ?

I like them for fuel hoses... but I use the actual steel braided lines not covers. I think its overkill for coolant hoses unless you have a really clean, custom looking engine already

Any good?

Good for WHAT purpose would be a better question.

In this case, they are only for show... but could techically preserve and armor the hoses they cover a bit.

They do tend to trap dirt and grease and then they look ragged... and no longer serve their primary purpose of making the hoses look better.

Kinda OK for show cars mostly, but their phony-ness with regards to their "AN" fittings tend to turn me off. Most of the show guys are going to mandrel bent SS pipes and SS lines with neat rubber interfaces and high-end SS clamps.

Your choice... do what ya want... but use caution installing them as the braided ends tend to be sharp and stick ya!

I removed them from my car. I had a fuel leak that I could never trace. I had the fuel pump off and replaced, carb in bits to check float level, etc etc etc. Never found the source of the fuel stink, until one day the carb had no fuel getting to it at all. Had the hose been the traditional rubber type I would have seen the damaged hose instantly, but these things can hide a lot of sins.

Just my experience. When I bought the car and saw they were fitted, I thought they looked the business. Nowadays I just want my car to work!

Best,

Mickey

looks cheep

Anyone who knows cars can spot that they are just a cheep dress up kit from a mile away. Mostly the cheep plastic hose clamp covers is what bothers me. The real deal can get a little pricey though. If you can't afford the real deal, I personally think that clean hoses with nice, proper sized clamps looks more professional than those dress up kits. If your looking for engine "bling", go with neat and clean.

I feel the same about the neon wire looms. Drawing attention to the wire looms is like pointing out the toe ring on a "rap guy's girl friend". ("Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-lot)

Sorry for sounding a little harsh, their just a couple of my pet peeves when I go to car shows.

Back