Hose clamps. Atten. dnudelman

NM850

True Classic
dnudelman. Remember our wrecking yard/hose clamp conversation?
I was still able to find clamps but you were right it’s getting harder. Someone beat me to the Mercedes (not a clamp in sight) but luckily that era BMW, VW and Volvo use the same.
Here is my haul. Price paid, $3.00 and near heat stroke….
IMG_0947.jpeg
IMG_0951.jpeg

"Norma" is a brand that makes just about every style of clamp, and has several other brand names under it. One (or more) of their companies are among the OEM suppliers to some German car manufacturers (including many of the ones in the second pic in post #1). There is an enormous number of styles available. I agree, they are great clamps.

I get my hose clamps here: https://belmetric.com/clamps/

They even have the old band style that were used on the 850's...
View attachment 75764
I used belmetric when I built my race car, they are great and have almost anything you need.
I collected the last bunch for my son that’s rebuilding his 87 Toyota truck (blew an heater hose and I couldn’t stand to see those Autozone clamps eating into the the hoses) and is on a budget. $3.00 plus a little of his old man’s time vs $1 plus per and shipping.

I use the Gates clamps for use with silicone hoses. Rounded edges so they don't dig in. Multiple sizes.

Rockauto.com is the best price I have found

View attachment 75810
That link brings up the entire selection of clamp styles on RockAuto. Good example to compare the various choices available. :)

RA includes one type that looks really cool but in my opinion isn't very practical; Gates "Thermoplastic". Essentially it is a huge "shrink tubing" band. You slip it over the hose, position it, then heat it to cause the shrink - tightening the hose. I was given a couple samples to try but never have. I'm told they actually work. However they are not reusable and a bit pricey.
32941-1_ANG_R.jpg

Back