how do I loosen stuck nuts on the fuel pressuer regulator?

kayaker37

True Classic
This looked easy, one large nut on the end which holds it to the bracket. Tried loosening that, all it wants to do is bend the bracket. Put 3 in 1 oil on it to see if that helps. Tried loosening the one on the fuel rail that didn't budge, put another wrench on the regulator to bring the wrenches towards each other, that just rounded over an edge on that nut on the regulator. Put oil on that.

Since there is fuel in it, I guess a torch is out. Is there a trick to this?

yes

if all spray did not work, brake fluid over night did not work, then is just 1 way i can think about .
heat the screw , torch it , usa a gas lamp, is not important how you do it , as long as the screq turn to red color .
good luck !

gas may ignite!

I quickly looked up how to loosen stuck nuts online, and a product called "PB Blaster" was recommended, and I just made it to the parts store before they closed. Just got the nut on the fuel rail line loosened, I have a small pair of locking pliers on the regulator body, and an adjustable wrench on the large nut on the end. A larger set of locking pliers would be nice, but am still soaking that one.

PB Blaster is good stuff

gas may ignite!

I quickly looked up how to loosen stuck nuts online, and a product called "PB Blaster" was recommended,

Yep. PB Blaster is recommended around here a lot too. Glad to hear you are having some success. :)

PB Blaster worked on the remaining nut as well, of course going at it with the lockjaw pliers repeatedly may have been the actual determining factor.

PB Blaster and WD40 are the "tools"...

... that we usually recommend...

One other trick... OK two...

1. Try TIGHTENING the nut/bolt 1/4 turn, then back it off...

2. HAMMER IT... like a pneumatic tool. Use a BRASS punch or be careful with a hammer and tap the top of the bolt head... Sometimes I do this with a Box-End wrench as I try to turn the bolt. If its a nut... sometimes a CHISEL can be used to STRETCH the nut by putting gooves on the top edge all around its circumference... or tapping on the side trying to jar it loose too.

if all spray did not work, brake fluid over night did not work, then is just 1 way i can think about .
heat the screw , torch it , usa a gas lamp, is not important how you do it , as long as the screq turn to red color .
good luck !

Yikes!! :hmm2: That is very BAD advice!!!!

Brake line wrenches are what you really need, they are basically box wrenches with a slot to allow access over the solid line.

Back