How to identify 1300 clutch/Flywheel?

carl

True Classic
I got a nice flywheel/clutch assembly from my parts stash but never labeled it so I don't know if it's a 1300 or 1500 assembly. How do I differentiate them?

carl

Also... count the number of teeth and post here...

I'll go count the 1500 wheel I have and we can compare.

If they each have their own starter... then the tooth count should be different on a 1300 vs. a 1500.

Easy

I got a nice flywheel/clutch assembly from my parts stash but never labeled it so I don't know if it's a 1300 or 1500 assembly. How do I differentiate them?
carl

4-speed/1300 flywheel: The bolt holes for the pressure plate are all about one inch from the locating dowels.

5-speed/1500 flywheel: Three of the bolt holes are about one inch from the locating dowels, but the other three are space much further away from the dowels.

Cool

I'll check it out this evening. I have the old nasty 1300 clutch and flywheel but I thought the differences were small enough that measuring things with a tape measure would be hit or miss. I like this method.

carl

The 1300 flywheel is lower weight than the 1500.. and the 1300 flywheel also has a smaller diameter clutch face.

Bernice

carl

Back