Hybrid, Threaded and Linear views?

fiatfactory

Steve Cecchele
Does this forum have the ability to change 'Display Modes' like the old software?

Some threads (my 'Ultimate SOHC' thread for example) view much better in 'Hybrid' view (reads more like a book with chapters) whereas in this format (linear) is quite disjointed... any ideas how to fix this if only the one display mode is available?

Otherwise I like the clean look, and direct pic/attachment posting format is a welcome change.

SteveC

Hi Steve. Unfortunately those view options are not native to this forum software as far as I can tell. If they still appear in menus, it's an artifact left over from the old forum customizations. In fact they were absent from most of the software choices I looked at. This package was created by some of the original vBulletin development team (vBulletin was what we were on before so I'd expect it here if anywhere). It's possible there may be an add-on or customization that improves on this. I'll look around once things are stabilized.

We expect to port the Wiki over soon and add some of the larger thread content into the Wiki.

Well trying to shift this thread around so it reads better... I keep encountering a 10000 character and 20 image limit per post... very frustrating as most sections are well above those limits... any way of altering these limits?

Back