I am an idiot; Fixed my flashers

toddr124

Hagerstown, MD
Went on a great DCFiats drive today and got to look at another X1/9 hazard switch. I plugged my hazard switch into the fog light (not equipped) green connector instead of the white flasher connector. Found the white connector and I now have flashers an turn signals.

I knew it was something stupid, I am stupider. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Wasn't stupid, you worked your ass off to figure it out. You won that repair, fair and square!!!!

Now, fix your flat. :devil:

John O.

flat fixed

The valve stem was cut by something. New valve stem and the tire is as good as new.:)

I knew it was something stupid, I am stupider. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I spent hours trying to get my headlights to move. Even pulled the motors to check the diodes. PO had installed extra switches for manual operation (to be able to run running/parking lights with headlights down).
So, all I had to do the whole time was throw those two "odd ball" switches. "Fixing it" in the end is all that matters. We win.

Last edited:
Count yourself lucky...

I have done many stupid things to my car over the years. The worse is when you screw up something on a transmission rebuild, which requires you to tear it back out all over again!

As a side note, it is possible to install the gears so a shift into 2nd will cause the gear clusters to lock up solid! Ah the joys of learning something new...:hrmph:

Eric

Back