I need a X 4th gear from a 4 speed

karhawk

True Classic
thanks to Jeff here are the part numbers I need:

"...if you want to convert a stock 128 transaxle to the taller X1/9 4th gear, you'll need the 4-spPlus (depending on the years of the 128 trans and the x19 components) you might need the 3/4 slider, also need X1/9 input shaft/cluster gear (Fiat Part No. 4253465) and the matching 47-tooth 4th gear (I believe the Fiat Part No. is 4401163)". Also Steve from down under states: (depending on the years of the 128 trans and the x19 components) you might need the 3/4 slider, the third gear set and a pair of synchros as well...as the synchros are different diameters.

Last edited:
Specifically...

I need a X 4th gear from a 4 speed - I want to convert a 128 trans.

From a similar recent conversation on the Mirafiori.com forum, as stated by Dave Voss:

http://forum.mirafiori.com/mirafiorum/members/index.cgi?do=showmsg&conf=Gener._F_I_&msg=24583

"...if you want to convert a stock 128 transaxle to the taller X1/9 4th gear, you'll need the 4-speed X1/9 input shaft/cluster gear (Fiat Part No. 4253465) and the matching 47-tooth 4th gear (I believe the Fiat Part No. is 4401163)".

Just making sure you know/understand...it's a matched pair of X1/9 4-speed parts that get swapped into the 128 trans, not just the X1/9's 4th gear. The 47-tooth X1/9 4th gear has to have its 49-tooth "mate" gear that is part of the input shaft/cluster gear assembly.

Plus (depending on the years of the 128 trans and the x19 components) you might need the 3/4 slider, the third gear set and a pair of synchros as well...as the synchros are different diameters.

It would be easier to change the entire innards over into a 128 casing, plus there's less chance of mixing and matching non matching components...

SteveC

Back