i think this is a coincidence i hope!

pdxgeo

True Classic
Splitpea has always leaked oil. Motor maybe gearbox and now since i had Macs radiator do some work it of course has been leaking coolant. Has anyone ever had oil and coolant leaks combine outside the motor and find milkshake puddles under the car? I tightened all the hose clamps as clearly one shouldnt rely on a RADIATOR shop to get that right. The motor oil looks perfect on the dipstick. The coolant seems fine too. Could the trans oil have gotten tainted somehow? Could coolant have made it in there? Btw this has all happened between last thursday and today and the car has not been driven at all in that time. We had a pretty big snowstorm and much colder temps than usual...

Thanks

If what you're finding is a puddle of goo under the car, then yes, I've experienced it (I have two Alfas, I know leaks).

The various fluids will drip off the car and combine in puddles and can turn into an emulsion without needing an oil pump to help it along. It doesn't always happen but it can.

For a more thorough inspection, I'd pull the cam cover and look for goo there. Similarly, remove the transmission fill plug and check the gearbox oil for froth.

Hope this helps.

Back