I want this car...

Yeah, and....

$53K still only gets you a vehicle on the very non-Utah end of much water and bureaucracy! :)

I agree ///Mike... or...

1750 pounds...

The engine and trans hasta weigh 400-500 pounds alone... the trans alone without oil is 90 poounds.

Who is the kink and how did he die?

:)

Very interesting car. Wasn't featured in a recent article with another highly modified red X1/9?

Howbout this idea>>>>>>>

360 active members on Xweb x $150 each = $54,000

Then we raffle that Beast off :guitar:

A few thoughts

That is a very nice car. I too would love to have it and race it. But there is simply no way it weight 750 lbs.

I should note that 750 kg x 2.2 = 1650 lbs. After looking closely at the photos I would believe that number. I have built a number of X1/9 racecars as well as others (my MR2 among them) and know that by the time you have the driveline, lightened chassis and cage, tubular suspension, custom uprights, lightened bodywork, and ancillary systems, you seem to end up in that 1600 to 1800 lbs range depending on how extensive the build is.

Add to that the modern Alfa 2 liter and transmission and you have a very slick car. It would be big fun.

Red one isn't an Uno Turbo

This x1/9 was featured in Auto Italia magazine, edition# 150 along with another x1/9 that was powered by Uno Turbo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelwardphotos/2576653550/

Anyone have this copy of Auto Italia to share?

Bernice

... at least not last time I saw it (a couple of years ago) at the Vernasca Silver Flag hill climb. It is just a highly modified 1500. The blue car has a 16v twin spark Alfa engine. I have a copy of the magazine somewhere. I'll upload a scan of the article as soon as I find it. In the mean time, here are some photos that I took of the cars at the Vernasca event. I'll be making my pilgrimage there this year too. It is really the best Italian car event on the calendar.

Cheers,
Dom.

img4578s.jpg

img4576s.jpg

img4573s.jpg

img4569f.jpg

img4712z.jpg

img4704.jpg

img4703.jpg

img4710oe.jpg

img4707.jpg

img4833y.jpg