IAP Springs front or rear?

Bobr

My Toy
I put IAP springs in and put them in the same order that the PO had them in. ( I bought them off here mounted on KYB struts.) I thought the front would drop to a more level stance. Mine sits about the same with the rear lower then the front. Do I have the springs reversed?

The IAP springs lower the car evenly

I put IAP springs in and put them in the same order that the PO had them in. ( I bought them off here mounted on KYB struts.) I thought the front would drop to a more level stance. Mine sits about the same with the rear lower then the front. Do I have the springs reversed?

Hi Bob,

The IAP springs will lower the car about an inch at each corner, so it does end up with basically the same stance. I am pretty sure you put the springs on the right corners.

And, if they have not been on a car for a while....

They will probably settle a bit. So, don't do anything for a couple of days.

I ended up taking about half a coil out of the front IAP springs that I had on my '81.

Ciao,

If you are looking for an easy stance leveling....

Why don't you just put on the IAP springs on the front only? That way, you will bring the front down slightly to match the existing rear height....

I have wondered about that Arman

Why don't you just put on the IAP springs on the front only? That way, you will bring the front down slightly to match the existing rear height....

I have a set of IAP springs in a box somewhere around here. I was wondering how the ride would be with the stiffer springs up front, but I guess it wouldn't be much different than cutting down the stock fronts. I will give it a try when I get back to work on the 78.

Of course I would also be interested in updated pics and experience from ANYONE that happens to be running the K-Sports... know anyone like that??? :) Did you ever find a solution to your fitment and spring issues? If you have an update, perhaps a new thread would be best.

Back